Life and times of an astrophysist who is actually a former journalism student who is really a NERD nerdy retarded weird girl pretending to be an astrophysisist...mispelling INTENDED!


NERD nerdy retarded weird girl central...well mostly my mussings and random interludes whilst I am working towards getting a car and licence so my random adventures and time spent in Australia was worth while. It should be intersting Enjoy! While in Australia...I was sunburnt,went to Sydney and wrote my first novel. So far back in Canadia I have been couch hoping and meandering from city to city. More adventures to come. Hopefully they are as interesting as my Australia ones.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A mere over exaggeration by the foot

Me: Hey Carol interesting fact your feet are bigger in the afternoon than at any other time of the day.
Carol: Nooooo feet are the same size all the time. You’re just jealous because I have small feet and your feet are bigger because you’re taller than me and I am fat.
Me: Carol this has nothing to do with being fat.
Carol: Then how do you explain this? Shows her ankles. See look I have kankles because I am fat.
Me: Why because I am 173 cm and you are 124 cm. Obviously you would have smaller feet then me. If I had your size feet I would fall over or be unable to walk. Your proportionate to your weight. There is nothing to worry about.
Carol: Frowns….explain height in English please.
Me: You mean metric.
Carol: Metric doesn’t exist the Greek made it up and now it’s extinct like the buffalo.
Me: OK Buffalo aren’t extinct. umm…should I explain it in Imperial then?
Carol: What does these have to do with royalty?
Me: It doesn’t. I was referring to a different measurement system, it’s the one Americans use.
Carol: Well how tall am I?
Me: sighs I suppose that would make me 5 foot 7 inches and you 4 foot 10 inches.
Carol: Are you saying your better than because you’re taller
Me: No it’s only a 49 cm difference
Carol: English please…I thought you were an English professional, why are you talking all un smart on me.
Me: Umm 1 foot six inches taller than you.
Carol: A whole foot long…that’s like a Subway sub…except they’re better for you than McDonalds and they don’t make you fat.
Me: Well Carol it bit more than a foot. It’s a foot and a half and bit
Carol: Noooo there is not such thing as a foot long sub an a half.
Me: So do you want Subway?
Carol: Noooo I’d rather have KFC Canadian Fried Chicken.
Me: Carol Canada starts with a “C”
Carol: Noooo not in Greek it doesn’t
Me: Its Greece.
Carol: What are you saying Canada is covered in Greece? You’re stupid.
Me: No you’re stupid.
Carol: That’s it I’m not talking to you anymore. She turns around, folds her arms and pouts.

Yes it is true. I am a foot and half and a bit taller than Carol and she does have kankles. (Sorry Carol) And unfortunately Carol has a preoccupation with her weight. (Again sorry Carol)I must mention this important fact: Carol isn’t really this stupid, although she can be that stubborn. This could be an exaggerated version of her. Chris pointed out yesterday that I might have the habit of over exaggerating people. It is true. I think I do. I romanticize their characteristics and blow them out of proportion. It is also true as Amy mentioned, that I must be homesick, but I don’t really miss any one in particular.

Today was an OK day. I went to work and that’s it I went to work…that pretty interesting. I also came home and slept for four hours so now its 11 pm at night and I am wide awake and I have uni tomorrow. The End.

No comments: