Procrastination: To put things off till the last minute. The inevitable enemy towards the uni student. It is something I have become familiar with in my academic university career. For instance rather than work on my essay on the “Civilising Mission” for Technology Communication on Culture. I vandalised Wikipedia by spreading the word about Irish Evil and played spider solitaire on my computer. I made plays list for Song of the Superhero characters Philis and Officer Octogenarian. Some song choices are based on the name, others are based on lyrical content and some are pure randomness.
Philis Philmore – Philis’ FAT music
- Who let the cows out – Weird Al Yankovich
- Eat it - Weird Al Yankovich
- Fat - Weird Al Yankovich
- Pink Triangle – Weezer
- Boom, Boom, Boom – The Vega Boys
- Addicted – Simple Plan
- I Am A Rock – Simon and Garfunkle
- Potato girl – Our Lady Peace
- Man eater – Nelly Furtado
- Explode – Nelly Furtado
- The Hungry Years – Neil Sedaka
- The Other Side of Me – Neil Sedaka
- Milkshake- Kellis
- He Ain’t Heavy…He’s My Brother – The Hollies
- I Can’t Tell the Bottom From the Top – The Hollies
- Yummy – Gwen Stefani
- Shakin’ All Over – The Guess Who
- Hungry Like A Wolf – Duran Duran
- Rave On – Buddy Holly
- Rock This Party – Bob Sinclair.
- Beautiful life – Guy Sebastian
- My Beautiful friend – Guy Sebastian
- Beautiful Disaster – Kelly Clarkson
- Beautiful You – Neil Sedaka
- Beautiful Day – U2
- Beautiful Liar – Beyonce and Shakira
- Celebrity – Barenaked Ladies
- Glamorous – Fergie
- Fergalicious – Fergie
- Brown Eyed Handsome Man – Chuck Berry
- Love to Love you Baby – Donna Summer
- Love Me- Buddy Holly
- This Fire – Franz Ferdinand
- Glamour Boy – The Guess Who
- Star Baby – The Guess Who
- Dancin’ Fool – The Guess Who
- Just One Look – The Hollies
- Let Me Entertain You –Robbie Williams
- Star of All the Planets – Ryan Malcolm
- Absolutely Perfect – Ryan Malcolm
- Conventioneers – Barenaked Ladies
- Sell, Sell, Sell – Barenaked Ladies
Then again if it isn’t procrastination that is getting me it is matters of the heart…
Love a word or perhaps a feeling that is on my mind lately.
As for love in the romantic sense, I am under the belief from past unlucky experiences you don’t choose who you like or love it just happens. I’ve never been in love but I have been seriously in like, but is it just physical attraction or something more? I think these things happen for a reason.
For instance, I recently have begun a minor infatuation with a boy at uni who I will call Multimedia Guy II (to allow for anonymity.) Jo says we are very similar. We have the same sense of humour. I can make a smart ass like comment and he will completely understand it and react with a smart ass comment of his own. We both like to read and we like science fiction. Today we had a D and M about Stargate, Harry Potter and Star Wars. It’s a fact were both NERD nerdy retarded weird people. I wonder if he likes me back because he goes out of his way to talk to me and after class today he walked with me to the bus stop.
However, something happened on Saturday night that makes question the logic of the matters of the heart. I met Officer Octogenarian. Well not physically as he doesn’t actually exist seeing as I created him in a strange garbled over imaginative story. He is more of a metaphor of the guy of any girl’s dreams, which is partly what the character is based on. He almost looks like Officer Octogenarian. He has the black curly hair and brown eyes. He isn’t the most beautiful boy in the world, but there was just something about him that made me like him. I can’t explain it. I told Amy about him and she said that I have never talked about a guy like him before.
More proof of my procrastination a blog entry from my alter ego :P
Dear blogosphere of hopefully intelligent humans:
Today my mom Hevlynn not Hev-Lady explained to me one of the many aspects of coming into Neptunian womanhood. That’s right I am experiencing “Neptunian puberty.” So now I look forward to turning obscenely blue when I am angry, developing outer rings of star dust around my waste to symbolise fertility and enhancement to my brain melting catacleptic powers.
In fact the last factor is full on. During a dinner party at Princess Jo’s about a week ago, I simply explained how Fergus uses of a blender as well as the mechanics and the invention of this useful device to Officer Beautiful Face…a.k.a. Oliver. Moments later he was rolling on the floor in complete agony. At first I thought it was because of Fergus’s name, but then I realised I had accidentally given him a brain melting attack and I wasn’t even trying to be a NERD nerdy retarded weird girl know it all.
I would also like to point out to certain villains masquerading as heroes to desist in calling my friend Philis Fattybumstockings.
Now I shall share with you music that I am listening to as of the moment.
My NERD nerdy retarded play list….
- White & Nerdy – Weird Al Yankovick
- Star Trek Rhapsody – Weird Al Yankovick
- Too Little Too Late – Barenaked Ladies
- In Repair – Our Lady Peace
- Eleanor Rigby – The Beatles
- Space Rock – Weezer
- Mr. Roboto – Styx
- Solitaire – Neil Sedaka
- Its All Been Done – Barenaked Ladies
- Grace Kelly - Mika
- 5th Symphony – Ludwig van Beethoven
- Walk Like an Egyptian – The Bangles
- Intergalactic –The Beastie Boys
- Love Me Or Hate Me – Lady Sovereign
- Buddy Holly – Weezer
- That’ll Be The Day – Buddy Holly
- Why Bother? – Weezer
- When Doves Cry – Prince
- Kryptonite – Three Doors Down
P.S. I asked out a NERD nerdy retarded weird boy!