Life and times of an astrophysist who is actually a former journalism student who is really a NERD nerdy retarded weird girl pretending to be an astrophysisist...mispelling INTENDED!


NERD nerdy retarded weird girl central...well mostly my mussings and random interludes whilst I am working towards getting a car and licence so my random adventures and time spent in Australia was worth while. It should be intersting Enjoy! While in Australia...I was sunburnt,went to Sydney and wrote my first novel. So far back in Canadia I have been couch hoping and meandering from city to city. More adventures to come. Hopefully they are as interesting as my Australia ones.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Procrastination, Nerdiness, Love and Vandalism

Procrastination: To put things off till the last minute. The inevitable enemy towards the uni student. It is something I have become familiar with in my academic university career. For instance rather than work on my essay on the “Civilising Mission” for Technology Communication on Culture. I vandalised Wikipedia by spreading the word about Irish Evil and played spider solitaire on my computer. I made plays list for Song of the Superhero characters Philis and Officer Octogenarian. Some song choices are based on the name, others are based on lyrical content and some are pure randomness.

Philis Philmore – Philis’ FAT music

  1. Who let the cows out – Weird Al Yankovich
  2. Eat it - Weird Al Yankovich
  3. Fat - Weird Al Yankovich
  4. Pink Triangle – Weezer
  5. Boom, Boom, Boom – The Vega Boys
  6. Addicted – Simple Plan
  7. I Am A Rock – Simon and Garfunkle
  8. Potato girl – Our Lady Peace
  9. Man eater – Nelly Furtado
  10. Explode – Nelly Furtado
  11. The Hungry Years – Neil Sedaka
  12. The Other Side of Me – Neil Sedaka
  13. Milkshake- Kellis
  14. He Ain’t Heavy…He’s My Brother – The Hollies
  15. I Can’t Tell the Bottom From the Top – The Hollies
  16. Yummy – Gwen Stefani
  17. Shakin’ All Over – The Guess Who
  18. Hungry Like A Wolf – Duran Duran
  19. Rave On – Buddy Holly
  20. Rock This Party – Bob Sinclair.
Officer Octogenarian – Beautiful Me

  1. Beautiful life – Guy Sebastian
  2. My Beautiful friend – Guy Sebastian
  3. Beautiful Disaster – Kelly Clarkson
  4. Beautiful You – Neil Sedaka
  5. Beautiful Day – U2
  6. Beautiful Liar – Beyonce and Shakira
  7. Celebrity – Barenaked Ladies
  8. Glamorous – Fergie
  9. Fergalicious – Fergie
  10. Brown Eyed Handsome Man – Chuck Berry
  11. Love to Love you Baby – Donna Summer
  12. Love Me- Buddy Holly
  13. This Fire – Franz Ferdinand
  14. Glamour Boy – The Guess Who
  15. Star Baby – The Guess Who
  16. Dancin’ Fool – The Guess Who
  17. Just One Look – The Hollies
  18. Let Me Entertain You –Robbie Williams
  19. Star of All the Planets – Ryan Malcolm
  20. Absolutely Perfect – Ryan Malcolm
  21. Conventioneers – Barenaked Ladies
  22. Sell, Sell, Sell – Barenaked Ladies
Painstakingly hilarious aren’t it? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Then again if it isn’t procrastination that is getting me it is matters of the heart…

Love a word or perhaps a feeling that is on my mind lately.

As for love in the romantic sense, I am under the belief from past unlucky experiences you don’t choose who you like or love it just happens. I’ve never been in love but I have been seriously in like, but is it just physical attraction or something more? I think these things happen for a reason.

For instance, I recently have begun a minor infatuation with a boy at uni who I will call Multimedia Guy II (to allow for anonymity.) Jo says we are very similar. We have the same sense of humour. I can make a smart ass like comment and he will completely understand it and react with a smart ass comment of his own. We both like to read and we like science fiction. Today we had a D and M about Stargate, Harry Potter and Star Wars. It’s a fact were both NERD nerdy retarded weird people. I wonder if he likes me back because he goes out of his way to talk to me and after class today he walked with me to the bus stop.

However, something happened on Saturday night that makes question the logic of the matters of the heart. I met Officer Octogenarian. Well not physically as he doesn’t actually exist seeing as I created him in a strange garbled over imaginative story. He is more of a metaphor of the guy of any girl’s dreams, which is partly what the character is based on. He almost looks like Officer Octogenarian. He has the black curly hair and brown eyes. He isn’t the most beautiful boy in the world, but there was just something about him that made me like him. I can’t explain it. I told Amy about him and she said that I have never talked about a guy like him before.

More proof of my procrastination a blog entry from my alter ego :P

Dear blogosphere of hopefully intelligent humans:

Today my mom Hevlynn not Hev-Lady explained to me one of the many aspects of coming into Neptunian womanhood. That’s right I am experiencing “Neptunian puberty.” So now I look forward to turning obscenely blue when I am angry, developing outer rings of star dust around my waste to symbolise fertility and enhancement to my brain melting catacleptic powers.

In fact the last factor is full on. During a dinner party at Princess Jo’s about a week ago, I simply explained how Fergus uses of a blender as well as the mechanics and the invention of this useful device to Officer Beautiful Face…a.k.a. Oliver. Moments later he was rolling on the floor in complete agony. At first I thought it was because of Fergus’s name, but then I realised I had accidentally given him a brain melting attack and I wasn’t even trying to be a NERD nerdy retarded weird girl know it all.

I would also like to point out to certain villains masquerading as heroes to desist in calling my friend Philis Fattybumstockings.

Now I shall share with you music that I am listening to as of the moment.

My NERD nerdy retarded play list….

  1. White & Nerdy – Weird Al Yankovick
  2. Star Trek Rhapsody – Weird Al Yankovick
  3. Too Little Too Late – Barenaked Ladies
  4. In Repair – Our Lady Peace
  5. Eleanor Rigby – The Beatles
  6. Space Rock – Weezer
  7. Mr. Roboto – Styx
  8. Solitaire – Neil Sedaka
  9. Its All Been Done – Barenaked Ladies
  10. Grace Kelly - Mika
  11. 5th Symphony – Ludwig van Beethoven
  12. Walk Like an Egyptian – The Bangles
  13. Intergalactic –The Beastie Boys
  14. Love Me Or Hate Me – Lady Sovereign
  15. Buddy Holly – Weezer
  16. That’ll Be The Day – Buddy Holly
  17. Why Bother? – Weezer
  18. When Doves Cry – Prince
  19. Kryptonite – Three Doors Down
~ Ashleigh D3 McGlonagick.

P.S. I asked out a NERD nerdy retarded weird boy!

1 comment:

Lidia said...

Hahaha Melissa! You must have been bored! But very clever soundtracks! I also like the new addition - the happy couple - i hope they last forever :P

Good luck with everything with you know what :)

Luv
Amy