Life and times of an astrophysist who is actually a former journalism student who is really a NERD nerdy retarded weird girl pretending to be an astrophysisist...mispelling INTENDED!


NERD nerdy retarded weird girl central...well mostly my mussings and random interludes whilst I am working towards getting a car and licence so my random adventures and time spent in Australia was worth while. It should be intersting Enjoy! While in Australia...I was sunburnt,went to Sydney and wrote my first novel. So far back in Canadia I have been couch hoping and meandering from city to city. More adventures to come. Hopefully they are as interesting as my Australia ones.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Oh Music I am but a fool, I am so in love with you

I bought the new Nelly Furtado album. Is it me or does it sound completely different the usual stuff she usually sings? Oh wells its still good. I also bought Johnny Cash and Neil Sedaka. Louie had a lot to say about my musical tastes…saying ‘I was beyond help.’ So what if I like music that was made way before I was born. To me music made then was a lot more real and it wasn’t like the commercial crap now. No offence to those who like that kind of music. I also bought the Guy Sebastian album Beautiful Life. It was one of my goals when I got here to Australia. It is a pretty weird goal.

  1. Buy an Aussie artists album (Yeah I know its Guy Sebastian.)
  2. Watch Australian Idol, (mainly because my mom keeps bugging me about it.)
  3. Show Royal Canadian Air Farce to an Aussie.
  4. Make new friends…(that’s an obvious one.)
  5. Try Vegemite (I see what they mean by acquired taste.)
  6. Photograph a koala
  7. Meet an Australian journalist…(Why that would be my good old journalism tutor Bruce Honeywill)
  8. Go to a beach. (Does Great Keppel Island count?)
  9. Watch a TV show that is strictly Australian. (I’ve seen Rove Live, Blue Heelers, Neighbours and All Saints)

There are still many things to do on my list…. Some on which include seeing famous landmarks and meeting my relatives which I have never met before.

Oh yeah the song by Neil Sedaka song about Carol is actually called ‘Oh Carol.’ But it is a real song just the same. Carol never believed me when I told her. True Story!


Here are the lyrics to the song:

Oh! Carol
I am but a fool
Darling I love you
Though you treat me cruelYou hurt me
And you make me cry
But if you leave me
I will surely dieDarling, there will never be another
'Cause I love you so
Don't ever leave me
Say you'll never goI will always want you for my sweet heart
No matter what you doOh! Carol
I'm so in love with you

Oh! Carol
I am but a fool
Darling I love you
Though you treat me cruel
You hurt meAnd you make me cry
But if you leave meI will surely die
Darling, there will never be another
'Cause I love you soDon't ever leave me
Say you'll never go
I will always want you for my sweet heartNo matter what you do
Oh! Carol
I'm so in love with you...

No comments: