Life and times of an astrophysist who is actually a former journalism student who is really a NERD nerdy retarded weird girl pretending to be an astrophysisist...mispelling INTENDED!


NERD nerdy retarded weird girl central...well mostly my mussings and random interludes whilst I am working towards getting a car and licence so my random adventures and time spent in Australia was worth while. It should be intersting Enjoy! While in Australia...I was sunburnt,went to Sydney and wrote my first novel. So far back in Canadia I have been couch hoping and meandering from city to city. More adventures to come. Hopefully they are as interesting as my Australia ones.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

The lights are on but know one is home

I have proof that I am the smartest person in the entire world. THE ENTIRE WORLD! Or I am at least smarter than my flatmate and her friends.

Last night at about 9:30 driven by relentless boredom I decided to switch off the power breaker for the lights in the flat while my flatmate and friends were out. I intended to test my theory if I could get away with it or not.

About 30 minutes later my flatmate Taryn plus two others, arrived in dismay as the lights in the flat did not seem to be working. I waited for about five minutes giggling like a ten year old girl and when I had my fun I emerged from the shadows of my room and I suggested oh so coyly that perhaps something was wrong with the breakers.

So one of Taryn’s friends went to the power breakers like I suggested and started switching all the breakers on and off including the safety switch, but because she is shall I be blunt and say DENSE! (As I have always suspected by the way )she missed the breaker for lights and to make her even stupider because she switched the safety switch off none of the power outlets worked. It’s just ironic she is blonde as well.

When I flicked on the switch for the lights on right in front of her she revelled in my apparent genius, but for some reason thought it was necessary to take the credit for saving the day. Taryn was so proud!

Little did these ineptly drunk females know, I caused this conundrum in the first place. And I soon figured out they were off their entire faces too realise I had played a masterfully mean prank on them. In the end I got away with it. I feel a strange satisfaction that I am smarter than them.

Melissa – 1

Taryn and friends – 0

Now I am feeling very Fidonio again.

I don’t know why either. I’ve narrowed it down to possible homesickness, seeing as I felt similar this time last year or maybe its because I missed Multicultural Fair.

I feel lonely and ignored. And I feel the only way to compensate for it is to go on some power I am better than that person power type trip, much like Fidonio, which explains my actions last night. Two minutes of amusement of others stupidity made me feel better.

P.S. I am going to Sydney again!

No comments: