Life and times of an astrophysist who is actually a former journalism student who is really a NERD nerdy retarded weird girl pretending to be an astrophysisist...mispelling INTENDED!


NERD nerdy retarded weird girl central...well mostly my mussings and random interludes whilst I am working towards getting a car and licence so my random adventures and time spent in Australia was worth while. It should be intersting Enjoy! While in Australia...I was sunburnt,went to Sydney and wrote my first novel. So far back in Canadia I have been couch hoping and meandering from city to city. More adventures to come. Hopefully they are as interesting as my Australia ones.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

An entire lake of grudges? Just add rice!

OK so I am quite tired after busy week as I have officially started both jobs and now the fun part comes where I try to juggle the both of them. I might even be tired from the allergy medication I tried today. Who cares as long as it works!

Anyways I thought I should at least write something on this blog.

What happens when you put three Asians, two Koreans and on Japanese (and a missing shower curtain. You get an entire lake. AN ENTIRE LAKE! You see the shower curtain in the bathroom was mouldy and smelly so I decided to soak it over night in the tub. I told both flatmates, one of which still hasn’t said boo to me that I had done this. My Korean flatmate invited two of her friends over to stay the night, both of which both had showers, with out the curtain, then this morning Jenifer had a shower. So the entire bathroom was a hazard zone. A HAZARD ZONE! She wondered why I was mopping the floor this morning and kept asking where the shower curtain was. I then told her for the fifth billionth time that it was down stairs soaking in the entire laundry sink. THE ENTIRE SINK! No offence, but you’d have to be pretty stupid to have a shower with out the curtain! Needless to say I was a bit cranky about it, but I am not now because I think it was partly my fault for soaking it, but how was I too know she’d invite all her friends over, who would end up staying the night and taking shower after show till there was no hot water left. I felt bad for felling cranky so I mopped it up.

In fact I am cranky altogether from lack of sleep no thanks to my Korean Flatmates late night talking.

I also nearly missed having my rice in my cupboard eaten on me too. Jenifer and her friends took my other flatmates Dave’s by mistake thinking it was mine and that I wouldn’t mind. Actually to be honest I would have been quite angry because I can’t afford to feed four people. Not that it matters she said she was going to fill it up on Monday, but still. Once I told her that it was not my rice they had eaten she got quite scared. I told her if he gets angry which I doubt he will. I will stick up for her. I think she reckons Dave is a gang member with all his tattoos. So the lesson from this is to ask before you take, (she could of txt me) not take then ask to avoid situations like this. It irritates me something fierce when people don’t ask before they take and assume they can just let me know and pay me back later. I’ve had flatmates in the past do this as well and they wonder why I get kind of cranky with them. I know they say oh I didn’t think you would mind and I’ll pay you back, but I was brought up that if you take it before you ask that’s stealing. Maybe it’s just an Australian thing? Perhaps I am still cranky about people taking stuff with out asking because my bad experience with a previous flatmate who actually did steal.

Don’t get me wrong I like Jenifer a lot. She is really cool and her friends are lovely too. They just do things that make no sense to me.

I suddenly realise I get cranky about random things and I stay cranky about them for years. I am still upset about certain things that have happened years ago. I am still annoyed about the flatmate who would drink my milk and assume I had to share because that’s what flatmates do but when I drank his milk got pissed off at me. I think I hold grudges but there over really stupid trivial things that I shouldn’t really be dwelling on.

Hmmm….what else?

I’m not to sure about hugs from random people I’d rather just hug myself….

I am obsessed with Super Mario Bros game.

I am still hung up on my Officer Octogenarian. I told him about Plan 10 From Outer Space via txt, I should have rang him up or ran into him, but I thought I better let him know soon. So he doesn’t make any plans. He’ll probably never reply. So there goes part of the plan.

I am making some new friends….

I like Korean food :) I am so going to the Asian food shop and buying some!

The middle shelf in my entire fridge broke in half!

My flatmate still isn’t talking too me.

I started the third draft of superheroes a little while back. It has changed a bit since the first and second, but it is actually better in the long run. I won’t run the surprises I added. :P

I am homesick because of Christmas and stupid potential customers and staff keep reminding me of my Canadianess and asking me a million billion questions about home.

I’ve become interested in politics

P.S. I miss Carol :( I miss our friendship…its falling away at the entire seams. THE ENTIRE SEAMS!

2 comments:

princessjo1988 said...

KEVIN 07!! He won...

Ummm I guess we just assume that as long as we pay people back we don't really care. I don't think it's stealing myself: and it is only rice. It's not like jewellry or entire money!! :)

Jo

Anonymous said...

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Melissaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

Hmm, yes the living situation with roommates is never, EVER, EVER going to be an easy one. And I do not really speak from experience, given that though I live with about 199 other people and our meals are all prepared for us. Actually our college has fridges in every area where students may place food artefacts of their own (THEIR ENTIRE OWN!!) and I have been warned on several occasions by Jeremy that people are going to help themselves to my stuff. That has never happened to me.

I have, however, been witness to the bitter rantings of others who have undertaken the roommate situation where the roommate or his/her friends have taken the ranter's food/drinks/not cleaned up after saying they would, etc. I frequently mix up the bananas of Jeremy and his flatmate and so eat his flatmate's bananas.

What I think I'm getting at is that, in the end, people are not going to give your stuff/your rules much respect. I'm not saying it's a definite but typically, if you set down a rule to somebody about you or your belongings, typically you will find yourself either having to repeat it again and again everytime that person breaks the rule or just resignedly putting up with the person breaking that rule. It's not done out of spite or disrespect, it's merely because most people just place their own needs above everbody else's (and so they should :-P)

I guess with the rice thing, it's not so bad -- why don't you put your name on your rice next time?

:-P I'm talking through my entire bottom again. (MY ENTIRE BOTTOM!!)