Life and times of an astrophysist who is actually a former journalism student who is really a NERD nerdy retarded weird girl pretending to be an astrophysisist...mispelling INTENDED!


NERD nerdy retarded weird girl central...well mostly my mussings and random interludes whilst I am working towards getting a car and licence so my random adventures and time spent in Australia was worth while. It should be intersting Enjoy! While in Australia...I was sunburnt,went to Sydney and wrote my first novel. So far back in Canadia I have been couch hoping and meandering from city to city. More adventures to come. Hopefully they are as interesting as my Australia ones.

Friday, January 19, 2007

My long account of 2006

I would first like start my blog off by saying:

Kate I am sorry if I upset you. My comments were rather negative. I know your comments weren’t meat to be mean. I Mel-issa am big dinklehead. The end!

And now to other things…

I suppose it’s my turn to write a best of 2006. Much like Chris and Amy 2006 was a very eventful year. But unlike them I think I might write my best of 2006 a little differently. 20 days late kind of differently.

The first thing I remember about January 2006 is me walking at 7 a.m. in freshly fallen snow. I was asked to work this day but the managers even offered to take me to work on account that I have no vehicle and still don’t, go figure. Ironically the manager never showed up. Also during this month I was periodically accused of having borderline personality disorder by a good friend from college, who at the time was my roommate. Unfortunately are friendship ended on bad terms not a good way to start off the New Year. This was my last full month before I went to Australia.

February a very stressful month, the first half I was preparing to go to Australia, the other I was attempting adjust. Sometimes I still had to tell myself I made it to Australia. February ended with a bang. My flatmates Justin and Joan started dating and I made a new friend. On orientation day for university at CQU I was somehow inspired to discuss Bollywood and differences between indigenous peoples in Canada and Australia with Amy. I think it was fate. At the end of the month I moved to a different flat.

March was just as interesting. I moved to a new flat in which I met my favourite flatmate of all time Louie! She was the best. She had an awesome collection of movies I have seen in my entire life. Oh and I met Multimedia Guy!

In April a trip to Great Keppel resulted in bad sunburn. Other than that the day was great. It also was the month I became obsessed with a horse just down the street.

May was an interesting month. It was during this fateful month the A.E.S.M was formed! Many adventures followed this.

In June the A.E.S.M made a movie. I used my digital camera to film it. It was sporadic as it was fun and weird. It started off with Antonia coming out of the fridge, me disappearing and being the ghost narrator, Antonia being poisoned from drinking poison lemonade to Chris being the murder. I also began writing a series of Wild Will stories about my friends laced with inside jokes. I started a job at Express Subs & Sushi in which my nationality was often confused with America. I also met my new flatmate Kayla, who was an insufferable know it all.

In July term 2 started. Also it was in this month I pondered on the relevance of American programming in Australia first by watching a nature show about penguins and then Miss America. It was also in this month I debated whether it was a good idea to stay in Australia and study because of the financial side of things. It was also said by my unit managers that I am lonely. They still insist that I am even though I have brought friends over heaps of times. July was also the month that I ate pigeon eggs. YUCK! My obsession with finally speaking to Multimedia guy continued.

In August I developed an obsession for decoding the Futurama alien alphabet and Babel Fish. I even started writing my ‘Carol stories’ in French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and other languages. I also developed my theory on the know it all. Chris, Kate and I decided to film a sequel to the A.E.S.M. movie filmed in June. Kate and I were the new flatmates of Chris, which is quite different than the original. Chris has gone mad, yet flamboyantly homosexual, Kate plays a girl with attitude and I play a girl who has three voices, Melora, Carol and Wild Will Who dies in this film? I am still confused by it. It’s left rather open ended. Oh yes and who could forget about Desmond, who lives in the boot of Kate’s car. Also Chris and I made a documentary about the Multicultural fair at CQU.

In September Chris and I filmed a documentary about the first two Flat To Myself movies. It’s about two documenters named Maverick and Angela, although, they often refer to each other as Chris and Melissa. Of course this was before we established the names of the documenters. Anyways, they attempt to find out what really happened as well as visit the dog Fergus who they may have unintentionally misinterpreted to be a witness and there is a return of the thing that taunted them at the Multicultural Fair. I gave up on Multimedia Guy, deciding it was the “Where’s Waldo of the romantic world.” Also I met Jack, who according to Chris eats babies. It was because of this I had this truly confounding dream in which Amy and Carol died, I became Chris then as Chris I married Jack. I also discovered that there is Fergus Ontario Canada and a Fergus County in Montana U.S.

October was a strange month. I entered a time of self pity and homesickness the day after my birthday. I found out that I am actually Mexican and I have to earn my right to be Canadian. Also in October I went to Sydney with Chris and Amy. We went every where from the monorail, The Opera House, Taronga Zoo and a gay bar on Oxford St. That trip was the highlight of my experience in Australia. And I joined Greenpeace and gained a better appreciation of the environment. I also started to write my novel called Songs of the Superhero. I also apparently decided to stop writing Carol stories.

November marked the worst flatmate of all time. I spent a lot of time writing and eventually developing homesickness as it came closer to December. I finally retired Wild Will as a character although; he does appear occasionally in my superheroes story. I also went back to analysing differences between Australia and Canada for some reason. I also replaced the character Carol with a character named Philis.

December was tough being so far away from home and all. It was this month I came up with Finbarpurpleton. I lost the job at Express Subs & Sushi even though I liked where I worked. I also began to obsess over my story, which I still am. By December there were 27 chapters written and over 44, 000 words. I then began a science fiction like kick, starting with the planet of Uranus, which I thought is a stupid name. Christmas I spent with other international students and I ended 2006 with Amy, Ram and I ringing in the New Year which was quite different from the others. Especially Ram’s funny dancing.

15 things I learnt last year:
1. Huge Laurie is Welsh.
2. Beaches are fun
3. Sarcasm can be misinterpreted. In fact anything people say can be.
4. I need to grow a back bone. This is true and this statement is directed to no one.
5. Wild Will is Amy’s cult figure.
6. Pluto isn’t a planet anymore. Seriously who has the right to strip planetary status from a poor distant Pluto? And I wanted to be an astronomer. Actually I still do.
7. I’m a NERD nerdy retarded weird girl.
8. My name is Melissa and I are from Canadia.
9. Fergus is an unspeakable name
10. I have mad some of the best friends in the entire world. THE ENTIRE WORLD!
11. Officer Octogenarian is the most beautiful prettiest boy in the entire universe of Bamboozle.
12. Be careful what you write in a blog.
13. The name Finbarpurpleton is causes migraines.
14. Jo is a good cook.
15. Homesickness is an ongoing thing.

All in all 2006 was definitely an eventful and defining year....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Melissa's best of 2006!! I remember frequently logging onto your blog during the year to catch your latest notes and thoughts etc.

And yes I love you too. I hope you didn't get a hangover.

Signed,
All Woman

Anonymous said...

I are sorry Mel-issa... I are wrote that quote when I are was not feeling very happy. I are had just had a fight with one of my friends. It are was sad...

I are love Mel-issa and she are the coolest.

Giggity.

....


P.S... I are write differently than I are speak.